Google Meet is one of the most widely used applications for video calls and conferences. With its handy features like live captioning and audio and video preview screen, it gives tough competition to apps like Zoom and Microsoft Teams. The screen-share feature of Google Meet allows a participant to share access to his/her computer screen in real-time with other users.
Who would need to share the screen on Google Meet and why?
Google Meet is extensively used by organisations across the globe for conducting online meetings and conferences. The COVID-19 pandemic has further encouraged companies, schools, and hospitals to carry out meetings online via applications like Google Meet. With the screen-share feature of Google Meet, the participants can get the same output as in a conventional meeting. They can deliver presentations and share data pertaining to a discussion.
How to share screen on Google Meet using Google Chrome?
Google Meet allows you to share your screen at any instance during an online meeting. Chrome has a high degree of integration with Meet and offers handy features to share your screen. However, the basic concept remains the same for other browsers as well like Firefox, Edge, or Safari.
- Click the ‘Present Now’ button located in the bottom toolbar.
- Select one of the three options in the pop-up menu indicating the part of the screen you wish to share: the entire screen, a window, or the browser Tab.
- If you select ‘A tab’, you will be asked to choose a tab to share from the list of all open tabs to share. If you select ‘A window’, you will be prompted to choose one among all open task windows to share.
- If you wish to share a Chrome tab running a YouTube video, uncheck the Share Audio option if you don’t want to share the video sound.
- Click Share.
- To stop sharing the screen, click the You Are Presenting followed by clicking Stop Presenting.
How to share the screen on the Google Meet app?
The process of sharing the screen on Google Meet is the same for Android and iOS devices. Follow these steps.
- While you are in a video call, tap the screen and then tap the three vertical dots located in the top right corner.
- Tap the ‘Share screen’ option
- Now Tap Start Sharing and select Start now. If you are on iOS, you can start sharing by selecting the Start Broadcast option.
- To stop, tap the Stop Sharing option.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.