Steam is a digital games distribution service where you can search and download PC Games from the Steam client. Though the downloads on Steam run smoothly most of the time there might be few bumps at times. But this is not a problem that cannot be fixed or be resolved. The following is the guide to fix if Stream is not able to download games.
Delete the Steam download cache:
The problem with not being able to download games on Steam might be because of the heavily downloaded cache in the app. This is a process that can be done easily on the Steam app. And the first solution to the games downloading issues. Below is the guide on how to delete the downloaded cache on the Steam app.
- Open the Steam app on your computer
- On the homepage go to the top right corner and click Steam
- From the drop-down window select settings
- On the Settings page from the left-side panel click on Downloads
- On the right-side window scroll down to find the Clear Download cache
- And click on it and press ok
Change the region:
The next solution is to change the download region of your Steam client. The problem might be because of the download server of a region you have selected and the server is not able to connect properly. Steam has servers all over the world and chooses one based on your IP address. So choosing a better region server is important for optimal speeds. Check the steps below to change the region.
- Go to the settings on the steam app
- From the left side panel click on downloads
- And from the open up window on the right: On download region
- Choose a region
- Select the region and press Ok
Make Steam run as administrator:
Another option that is available to fix downloading games issues on stream is to let Steam run as administrator. It might have occurred as a privilege issue and that might be the reason why the game is not able to be downloaded. Run the stream as administrator on your computer and it will solve the problem. Learn the steps below.
- Go to Windows homepage and right-click on the Steam shortcut
- Scroll down to properties and find Compatibility from the options
- From the Compatibility page scroll down and click on Run this program as an administrator with the tick
- Now press Ok and run Steam, it should fix the issue
Check Compatibility mode:
There might be many other reasons for not being able to download the game but checking the compatibility mode is a must. This will help in identifying the older games that you are trying to download and it is no longer compatible. Read the steps below to check the compatibility.
- Open the app
- Go to the library and right-click on the game you are trying to download
- Select Properties
- Search Local files on the side panel>Browse
- Find the file with exe/executable on it
- And click Properties again
- From the open up page: Tick on Run this program in compatibility mode
- And choose your Window
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.