The Indian government has announced the vaccination drive for people above 18 years starting May 1, 2021. The registrations for the vaccination appointment are ongoing on the Co-Win portal through the website, Arogya Setu app, and UMANG app.
UMANG (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) is an application developed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and the National e-Governance Division (NeGD). It is a platform that provides access to e-governance services throughout the country.
How is the COVID-19 vaccination programme going on in India?
The COVID-19 vaccination programme was launched on January 16, 2021. The healthcare workers were the first to get vaccinated followed by the frontline workers who got their first dose starting February 2, 2021. On March 1, 2021, people above 60 years and people above 45 years with specified co-morbidity began to be vaccinated. Now, the government has announced the vaccination drive for people above 18 years starting May 1, 2021.
According to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, “In another significant development, India has now become the fastest country in the world to cross the landmark of 14 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses. India achieved this feat in just 99 days”.
How can you register for the COVID-19 vaccination using the UMANG application?
To register for the COVID-19 vaccination using the UMANG application
- Launch the UMANG application on your smartphone.
- Scroll down and tap the Co-WIN icon under the “What’s new” heading.
- You’ll get two options as follows.
- Register or Login for Vaccination
- Download Vaccination Certificate
- Tap the Register or Login for Vaccination option.
- Enter your mobile number for registration/login and tap the Submit button.
- Enter the OTP to get your mobile number verified.
- Enter your Photo ID Proof along with the unique number. You’ll get five options, namely, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, PAN Card, Passport, and Pension Passbook. It must be noted that your registered Photo Id will be verified at the time of your vaccination appointment.
- Enter your Name, Gender, and Year of Birth. Tap the Register button.
- Once you’re registered on the portal, you may more members of your family for vaccination who are above 18 years. To add a member click the +Add Member button.
- You’ll be required to enter the identification details for each new member added individually.
- Once you have added the members who are eligible for vaccination, you may set the schedule for the vaccination appointment.
- Tap the Schedule Appointment button and then click the Schedule Now button located at the bottom.
- Search for your Pin code and then choose the date and vaccine.
- Tap the View time slots option to choose the desired time slot.
- After you tap Confirm, you will receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number.
On the day of the appointment, you must carry the same Photo ID with you that you used while registering.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.