Working on a laptop or studying on the computer has become a necessity. Life has become more indoor and works more remotely with the lockdown. Laptop and computers are being used more than ever, which puts more load on the system. With the increasing use of PC or laptops, the health of the computer is at risk. You can see the health of Windows 10 by following the guide below. There are more ways as well to check a PC’s health, we have jotted those down here too, for your convenience.
Table of Contents
The first thing you can do to check the health of your computers or laptop without any application is by visiting the Windows security option. You can check the health of the computer down to its battery life. Here are the steps below.
- Go to the search box on the left bottom corner
- Type Windows Security on the search bar
- Find Device & health option and click on it
- The device will show your health report and the last time the scan was performed
- Below the last time scan, the device will also show you the key areas the device health monitors
- The Windows time service: If it is running well it will show a green tick icon
- Storage capacity: If good, then you will see a green tick on the left
- Battery life: Should be a green tick on the left
- Apps and software: Check if shows a green tick
For Dell PC or laptop
To check the health status of your Dell laptop or PC there is an easy way. You need to download software from Dell.com. The software is completely malware-free as it is Dell’s own system health check-up tool. And you can download it for free. Here is how you can do
- Go to Dell.com
- On the top right corner keyword search
- Search Free PC Health Check
- Click the green button: begin free PC Health check
- You can also call an expert from the number given
- Now with just three-step after clicking the green button you can check the health
- First, run the software on the computer
- Open it after running it on your PC or laptop
- Second, let the software get the full report of your computer
- Third, click on speed up your PC and check if any problems detected
With CrystalDiskinfo: third-party app
You can download CrystalDiskinfo easily for free on the internet. The third-party app allows you to check the condition of your hard drive (HDD or SSD) and the overall health status of your computer. The app gives an overview of the state of your drives. The software gives the details including temperature, spin-up time, uptime, error rates, and more. And lastly, calculate the overall health status for you to fix.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.