With stickers finally making their way to WhatsApp, conversations on the instant messaging app have surely become more fun. The Facebook owned messenger now allows users to share stickers with their friends, in addition to emojis and GIFs that were already present on the platform.
When stickers came to WhatsApp, there were twelve packs of stickers available for free for users. In addition to this, users had the option of downloading other stickers from Play Store. And this particularly became hit during Diwali when a Diwali sticker pack for WhatsApp was rolled out on Google Play Store and a great number of users downloaded it to wish their loved ones in a new way.
There are a number of third party apps that offer various kinds of stickers for WhatsApp. When we went to look for the some that we wanted, we found Game of Thrones-themed stickers, but surprisingly, no Harry Potter themed sticker pack was available. We thought we would have to wait till someone rolls it out.
But luckily, we don’t have to. There is an app on Google Play Store called Sticker maker for WhatsApp, using which you can create any sticker of your choice and send it to your friends on the popular messaging app. Here is a step by step guide on how you can make your own stickers on WhatsApp:
- Go to Google Play Store and download Sticker maker for WhatsApp.
- Open the app and select ‘Create a new stickerpack’.
- You will be asked to sill in the name of sticker pack along with the name of the author creating it.
- Now, the sticker pack will start appearing with its name along with ‘Not Published’ written underneath it.
- On pressing on the sticker pack’s name, you will be taken to a new page where tray icons would appear.
- Press on the tray icon and then select if you want to take a photo to make the sticker or you wish to upload one.
- Grant the permissions the app asks for and upload the photo of your choice.
- Once the image is uploaded, you will be asked to draw an outline around the area you want in your sticker.
- Tap on ‘Yes, Save Sticker’ or ‘No, Try Again’ once you finish outlining. If you are happy with the area covered, select the former, if you want to give it another go press the latter.
- You will have to create a minimum of three and a maximum of 30 stickers in one pack.
- Publish the sticker pack once you are done.
- A message would then prompt asking you if you want to add the sticker pack to WhatsApp. Press ‘Add’ to start sharing these stickers on WhatsApp with your friends.