Using the internet or mingling online should always be secure and private. Telegram has enabled the feature to hide your profile picture from others. This new Telegram’s Privacy feature has the options and customisation to choose from, which enables you to hide your profile image from other users or groups. The options are available for both Android and iOS. Here are the steps to enable it.
Table of Contents
How to hide profile picture on Android:
With the new privacy feature, you can not only hide your profile pictures but you can also maintain your security while using the Telegram app by hiding your number. By using the controls in privacy settings you can select who you want to hide your profile pictures from by selecting the contacts or hide them from everyone. The below guide is to enable the function to hide your telegram profile picture on your Android smartphones.
- Open the Telegram messaging app on your phone: Log in if you have not.
- Go to the left-top corner>Click the hamburger menu.
- Now tap on Settings.
- Next, scroll down to Privacy and security.
- From the next open-up page>Select Profile Photos.
- Now from options>Choose My contacts.
- To hide your profile>Never allow>Add users>Click Done.
- Now you will be able to hide your profile picture.
How to hide profile picture on your iOS:
The feature to disable your profile photos on telegram has also been enabled on iOS also. Since the interface in iOS is slightly different from Android the steps will guide to make the process easier. Follow the guide below to hide your telegram profile picture on your iOS.
- Open the Telegram app and log in if you have not.
- Next, go to Settings.
- And click on Privacy and Security.
- Navigate to profile photo.
- Now from the page “Who can see me my Profile Photo”>Select My contacts.
- You can also make additional settings from the Exception section: Never share with, Always share with.
- Click on Never share with>Add Users>Add contacts.
Additional privacy settings:
You can also make use of the additional settings provided by Telegram. There are a bunch of features that you can enable to make your telegram account more private and secure. There are options for hiding your Phone number, your last seen & online status, your calls, groups & channel, and more. To enable all these settings you have to use the same steps Settings>Privacy & Security>Privacy>Phone number, Last seen, Groups & Channel. Similar to the hide your profile photo features the options for hiding your phone and last seen also has an option for nobody and my contacts.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.