Telegram recently announced the new Voice Chats 2.0 feature that shall allow voice chat in Telegram channels. The company had included the voice chat feature in Telegram groups in 2020. Now, users can indulge in live chats on channels as well.
According to Telegram, “Anyone can host Voice Chats in Groups or Channels, where an unlimited number of listeners can tune in to live talks and podcasts – with powerful features like custom titles, audio recording, invite links and more”.
Why did Telegram introduce the Voice Chats 2.0 feature?
In the backdrop of the changed privacy policies of WhatsApp, many users are looking for alternative platforms for messaging. Telegram has managed to absorb some WhatsApp users.
The Clubhouse app is another competitor of Telegram that has gained popularity in recent times. The app is available solely for iOS devices but the company is planning to release its Android version as well. The Voice Chats 2.0 feature is expected to give Telegram an edge over Clubhouse.
What are the features of Telegram Voice Chats 2.0?
According to Telegram, “Whereas some conversations are supposed to be non-permanent, others are value-preserving and passing on. Admins can now file audio from voice chats to save lots of talks and publish them for followers who missed the dwell occasion”.
The following are some key features of the new Voice Chats 2.0.
- Consumer’s Bio: The new update allows the contributors to see the consumer’s bio inside a group voice chat or a channel.
- Hyperlinks: The admins of the channel can create a hyperlink or assign a title to the voice chat.
- Celebrities: Celebrities can also become a part of a voice chat without getting bombarded by fan mails.
- Resume Playback: The new update will allow the users to resume voice message playback from the point they left off.
- Swipe-left gesture: This feature will be available for Android users. They can assign unique responses to the swipe-left gesture.
- Edit forwarded message: Now, users are given a chance to cancel forwarding a message if they feel that they forwarded the wrong message.
How can you start the voice chat on Telegram?
The admins of a Telegram channel can begin the voice chat in the following steps.
- Launch the Telegram app.
- Go to the channel in which you want to host the voice chat.
- Tap the three dots located on the top right corner.
- Select the ‘Start Voice Chat’ option to begin the voice chat.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.