The instant messaging app Telegram has now rolled the latest update for iOS users that will let you import your WhatsApp chats history with the help of the new migrating tool. The new update comes with version 7.4.1 for iOS. While also releasing an immediate update Telegram 7.4.1 which did not has mention of the migrating tool but still, the users are able to use the tool to migrate chats from WhatsApp to Telegram. So if you are planning to migrate from WhatsApp or any other app to Telegram the process is quite easy and we are here to help you move your chat history to Telegram.
The WhatsApp recent policy update has faced huge criticism leaving users across the globe to go for a safe option such as Telegram and Signal. Telegram 7.4 update for iOS now lets you move your WhatsApp chat history to Telegram. It includes a migration tool that will allow you to migrate WhatsApp and other apps too including Line and KakaoTalk to Telegram. The tool will also allow the users to permanently erase messages, groups, private chats and even call history without leaving any traces.
How to export your WhatsApp chats to Telegram
As we mentioned earlier the process of exporting your WhatsApp chats to Telegram is quite easy with the arrival of the new update. Here is our set to set guide on migrating your chats from WhatsApp, Line and KakaoTalk to Telegram:
- Open WhatsApp and then navigate to individual chat what you would like to export
- Now tap on the More option then click on the Export Chat option to create an entire backup of the conversation with our without media.
- Then a ZIP file will be created of your backup chats that you will be able to through the iOS share sheet.
- Telegram will now ask you to assign contacts or group you want to associate that chat with from the sharing menu
- Click on the Import option and your chats and other media will be migrated from WhatsApp to Telegram.
- Besides all this, the new Telegram update also brings the feature to adjust the volume for individual participants of a voice chat. It will also allow the users to active voice chats from your groups at the top of your Call tab. The VoiceOver support has also been improved.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.