The convenience of betting on apps is loved by all punters. It enables them to make some quick wins while on the go. Installing bettings apps is quick and easy but if you live in India, you need to be careful as not all apps are regulated or even legal.
If you want to understand more about installing betting apps in India and gambling through them, you are at the right place.
Sports Betting Apps in India
The lack of organised sports betting platforms and the growing popularity of betting among the citizens paved the way for the emergence of online sportsbooks. As a result, many sports betting websites, both domestic and international, were launched in India. These sites or apps are licensed and regulated outside the country, as they are not legal in India.
These sports betting apps are safe and secure, therefore, players can entrust their funds and personal details without any fear of them getting misused. They offer a wide variety of sports, some of them even offering sports like Kabaddi, which is a popular Indian sport. Cricket, football, volleyball, soccer, ice hockey, horse racing, motorsports, basketball and boxing are some of the games that offer a wide variety of betting markets.
Not just a large variety of games, these betting sites also offer easy deposit and withdrawal options. Most of them accept payments in INR and even offer payment methods like UPI, PhonePay and Paytm, which are widely used by Indians. One point to note here is that not all betting websites have a fully operational mobile application. However, it does not make their mobile and desktop websites any less entertaining.
How To Install Mobile Betting Apps in India
Installing a mobile betting application in India is not difficult. There are two ways the players can download a mobile application for a betting website; either through the application store or the betting website.
Let’s look at both the ways to install the sportsbook applications.
Installing Application Through App Store/Play Store
- First, make sure that the application for the betting site you want to download has one available. Many online sportsbooks do not have any application, just the website.
- After making sure about the application, check if the application is available for your device. For instance, many gambling applications are not available on iOS devices due to security restrictions.
- Once the above two steps are confirmed, you can enter the name of the betting app on Play Store (if you are using an Android device) or App Store (if you are using an iOS device)
- Click on download, and wait for the application to get installed.
- Once the installation is complete, register yourself with the app and add money to start playing with real money.
Installing Application Through Betting Website
Many online sports betting platforms provide QR codes and download links to their applications on their websites. Scan the QR codes or visit the link through your mobile to download the app. This is a very convenient way to download the app because of two reasons.
- It saves you time to search for the application on the app store.
- It can remove the chances of misunderstanding as you may end up downloading an app to a betting site with a similar name.
Are Sports Betting Apps Legal in India?
Yes, betting sites are legal in India as there are no laws and regulations regarding the conduction of online betting sites, but there is some grey area here. Players can download these apps and play with their real money. Also, most of these websites are safe as they are regulated and licensed in each country of origin. You can check their licences and regulatory authorities on their respective websites.
However, since there are no laws regarding online betting sites in India, the government does not promote and hence, does not take part in the conflicts revolving around this platform. So, you are responsible for your safety.
The emergence of sports betting websites has brought a wave of enthusiasm amongst the punters in India. Now they do not have to fear the law and can bet on their favourite sports from any part of the country.
However, it is always advised to take precautions and not get addicted to gambling.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.