WhatsApp updates the feature regularly and this time they have updated the feature to mute videos. The instant messaging app has rolled out this new awaited feature for Android users recently. Now you can mute the videos before sharing them on the status as well. Follow to know how to enable the new feature.
Read more: How to do WhatsApp video calls on the web?
Mute videos before sending them on WhatsApp
The mute feature was introduced recently for Android users, the mute feature is already available on Instagram, and Facebook now it is time for Whatsapp to make use of this feature. The feature works very well in situations where the audio of the video is not required to be shared. Find out how to use this feature and mute videos before sending them on WhatsApp below.
- For you to start sending muted videos, first you have to make sure you have updated to the latest version of WhatsApp. The feature will only work with the latest version it has been updated with.
- Open your WhatsApp: Log in if you are not
- Start by opening the contact chat window
- Now find the paperclip icon near the type bar
- And go to the gallery to attach a video
- If you want to record a video, go back to the camera and record a video. Or if you send an existing video select the video from the gallery
- The video you have selected from the gallery or the one that has captured will appear on the screen
- You have the option to alter it or edit the video
- On the same page, you will find a speaker icon on the top left corner
- You have to click on the speaker icon to mute the video you are sharing on the WhatsApp
- Now click on the send button and you have muted the video
To use some more advanced features you can crop a video from the frame and change it to GIF, but you have to decrease the video to 6 seconds or less. You can convert your video into a GIF of 6 seconds by clicking on the GIF option in the top right corner. And for more information about the mute video feature on WhatsApp as of now, the feature is available for just Android users the timeline of when this feature will be featured on the iOS Whatsapp app has not been revealed but it is rumored to be coming soon.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.