You may use WhatsApp for chatting, Voice calls, video calls, sharing pictures, documents, locations, GIFs and more but not everyone is aware or hasn’t explored many of its features yet. It allows you to archive your chats, mute groups, and even start important messages but you can also use it to chat with yourself for taking notes, making to-do lists, saving important links and much more.
Messaging yourself on WhatsApp not only sounds interesting but is useful in many ways and use it as a diary or as a note-taking tool without having the need to install a dedicated mobile app for doing so.
At whatever point you need to message yourself to save something significant or anything. So here is our step to step guide on how to chat with yourself on WhatsApp so that no one other than you can see the messages.
How to Send WhatsApp Messages to Yourself?
Earlier it was possible to go to your phone book and open your phone number where you would find an option of sending WhatsApp messages to yourself. But unfortunately, this functionality has been removed but still, you can do it by our trick. Here it goes.
- Firstly open your mobile web browser, for instance, Google Chrome.
- Now type wa.me// in the address bar, Followed by your phone number with your country code.
- Make sure the country code should be added before the mobile number. Eg. wa.me//91xxxxxxxxxx.
- Now a WhatsApp page will appear with your phone number displayed on top along with your profile picture asking you to open WhatsApp
- Now tap on it and you will be headed to your chats and on the top of the chat list, your own number will be displayed.
- Now you can start chatting with yourself, add notes, or save photos, videos and share files like any other regular chats.
- For the web app users a new window prompt with an option to “ Continue to chat”
- Click on it and WhatsApp Web or the WhatsApp desktop app will either open up and your number will be shown in your chat list. And now you can begin chatting with yourself, add notes, or save photos and videos.
You can also do it by using the WhatsApp groups feature too. All you need to do is to follow the steps below:
- Open WhatsApp on your phone
- Head to menu
- Now select a new group
- Give it a name and tap next
- Now add any of your close friends or family members to the group and tap on creating a group to finish.
- The next step is to remove your friend from the newly created group now that you being as the admin and the only left member in the group you can begin sending messages in this group and it will be simply saved for your future.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.