Instagram is one among the most popular social media platforms today and a majority of us are completely hooked to it. The app encourages people to share their moments with others via the medium of pictures and that’s why it’s literally a treat for the eyes to use it. There is a lot that you can do on the platform – share photos, add Stories that disappear after an hour and send Direct Messages to your contacts. While Instagram Stories is a feature that was initially inspired by Snapchat, it has gained a lot of traction on the social media app. The company has introduced a number of ways in which one can embellish their Stories. We can use filters, stickers, emojis and even GIFs on our Instagram Stories in order to make them look more interactive and interesting.
If you have always wanted to try out the GIF feature but somehow never figured out how to do it, we should tell you that the process to use it is very simple. Here, we are listing down the steps that you can follow to add GIFs to you Instagram Stories. Take a look:
- Open your Instagram app.
- Click on your Profile Picture icon on the top left of the home page/profile.
- This will take you to the camera of the app. You can either click a live image to add it to your Story or swipe up to select the image/video from your gallery to choose one.
- Once the image/video is selected, it will start appearing on your screen. However, at this point, it is not posted yet.
- You can tap on the image to add text on it if you want to and swipe right to change the filters on the image. Both are optional, of course.
- Now, Swipe up.
- You will see a number of Stickers that you can apply to your image in the Story.
- Among these, there will be a search bar icon that says ‘GIFs’.
- Press on the icon to open the GIF library on Instagram.
- Here, there are a number of GIFs that you can choose from to add to your story. If you want, you can also search for specific ones using words like ‘Happy’, ‘Sad’, ‘Beyonce’ or ‘Bollywood’.
- Just tap on the GIF of your choice to add it to your Story.
- You would also have the option of resizing it or placing it as you like on your Story.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.