Opening the same set of multiple websites every time you sit on your computer for work or to attend online lectures, can be a very painful job to do. But thankfully, there are some tricks with which you can open multiple websites only with one click.
Use Chrome Extension
There are a few extensions available in the Google Chrome store that you can be used to open multiple URLs with just one click. “Open Multiple URL” is one such extension on the Chrome web store that you can use to make your life simpler.
Just install the Open Multiple URL extension by clicking here and follow these steps:
- Add Open Multiple URL extension in your Chrome browser.
- Paste the URL of the sites that you want to open one by one, and do not forget to check the “Preserve input” option in the extension.
- After you have added all the URLs that you want to open, you just need to click on the open URL button.
Read also: Google’s new shortcut will change the way you use Google Docs:
Use BAT file shortcut
If you are someone who does not want to install extensions on your Chrome browser because extensions it can sometimes interfere with some web players like Spotify, this method is for you. Just follow these simple steps and you should be able to create a shortcut on your desktop to open your favourite websites at once.
- Open the Notepad app on your PC.
- In the notepad app, you just need to type the following command and paste the URL of websites that you want to open.
Start chrome https://www.gadgetbridge.com/
Start chrome https://motorbridge.com/
(similarly you can add more websites to this file)
3. Now just save the file on the desktop as a BAT file or just add the .bat extension in the last of the name (like xyz.bat). You should be able to create a shortcut on your desktop.
4. The final step is to just double click on the shortcut that you have created.
Use bookmark folders
While many of us use bookmarks to open our favourite websites quickly, only a few know that you can also create bookmark folders. With bookmark folders, you can open all your favourite websites with one click.
To create a bookmark folder just follow these steps:
- Open all the websites that you want to open in different tabs.
- Now press Ctrl+Shift+D on your keyboard a popup menu will appear.
- Just name the folder whatever you want to call it and select Bookmarks Bar. Now you have created a bookmark folder.
- The final step is to right-click on the folder and select open all tabs.
All the tabs that you had added to this folder will now open.
Alternatively, if you have already bookmarked your favourite websites then you can follow these steps
- Right-click on the bookmark tab and select add a folder
- Type in the name of the folder and save it
- Now, one by one just drag the bookmarks to the folder, they will be saved into that folder.
- To open them just right-click and hit open all tabs.
Read also: Telegram Messenger to soon introduce “secure group video
Open favourite sites every time you open Chrome
All the above methods are very good and time-saving but they are still 2-3 click methods. What if, every time you open Chrome, the browser automatically opens all your favourite tabs. That would be great right? If you think yes, try the next method is for you.
- Open all your favourite websites that you visit regularly
- Open Settings on your Chrome browser, and hit the On startup option at the bottom
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages, and then select Use current pages.
With this method, your favourite tabs will open automatically when you open the Chrome tab. However, the only downside of this method is that even if you don’t want to visit those pages, Chrome will still open them for you every time Chrome starts.
So, these were 4 great methods by which you can open your favourite websites with one click in Google Chrome.
Read also: Top and best ways to download and play Minecraft on Chromebooks
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.