Wearing a face mask is an essential requirement during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The Apple iOS 14.5 and the watchOS 7.4 have brought a new feature that will enable Apple Watch users to unlock their iPhones while the face mask is on.
The new feature saves the need to type the passcode every time to unlock the device. Besides, it will reduce the chances of infection as there will be no need for you to remove the mask to unlock the iPhone as long as you’re wearing the Apple Watch.
What are the pre-requisites to unlock your iPhone using the Apple Watch?
There are three pre-requisites to unlock your iPhone using the Apple Watch. They are as follows.
- You should be wearing your Apple Watch.
- Your Apple Watch must be unlocked.
- Your Apple Watch must have the passcode enabled.
- You must be wearing a face mask.
- Your iPhone must be running the latest iOS 14.5 version. If your iPhone is running an older version of iOS, you may update it to the latest version in the following steps.
- Launch the Settings application.
- Go to General > Software Update
- If your device is already up to date, you will get the message with the iOS version e.g. “iOS 14.5: iOS is up to date”.
- If your device needs an update, you will be prompted with the message. Just tap Download and install.
- Your Apple Watch must be running the latest watchOS 7.4 version. To install watchOS 7.4 using your Apple Watch, follow these steps.
- It should be noted that your Apple Watch needs to be on a charger or at least have 50% of battery backup to install the update otherwise the update will not begin.
- Open the Settings application on your Apple Watch
- Go to General > Software Update > Install.
- Tap OK.
- Now launch the Apple Watch application on your iPhone and Agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- Tap Download & Install on your Apple Watch
Price: ₹ 37,900
How can you unlock your iPhone using the Apple Watch?
To unlock your iPhone using the Apple Watch, follow these steps.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to Scroll down and select Face Id & Passcode.
- You will be asked to enter the passcode.
- Scroll down and toggle the Unlock with the Apple Watch option on.
Now, you can unlock your iPhone using the Apple Watch while wearing the face mask.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.