Apple recently released the beta 5 versions of an upcoming watchOS 7.4 update for testing purposes. The watchOS 7.4 will be a significant update that will not only allow you to use your Apple Watch as an iPhone key but also unlock new methods for streaming Fitness Plus.
Table of Contents
Who should download the watchOS 7.4 beta 5?
Apple regularly releases beta versions of its software for its devices like iOS, iPadOS, and watchOS. Unlike the stable releases, these beta versions consist of new features and some pre-release bugs that need to be removed. Thus, if you are a watchOS developer, you may download the watchOS 7.4 beta 5 for testing. Before downloading the software on your iPhone with iOS 14 beta, you will need to install a certificate on your Apple Watch.
Remember: Beta versions are test versions and should be downloaded with caution. Chances are very low, but at times it might brick your device as well.
How to install the watchOS 7 beta certificate?
To install the watchOS 7 beta certificate, your iPhone must have the developer beta for iOS 14. Follow these steps.
- Use your iPhone linked with your Apple Watch to log into the website apple.com.
- Go to Discover > watchOS > Download.
- Log in using your Apple ID if asked.
- Tap Install Profile located next to watchOS 7 Beta.
- Tap Allow for permitting to install a profile.
- Tap on the Install button.
- Enter your Passcode and tap on Install.
- Tap Restart to reboot your Apple Watch.
How to install watchOS 7 using your iPhone?
As soon as the Apple Watch app identifies the update, you may install the watchOS 7. Follow these steps.
- Connect your iPhone to the internet and start the Apple Watch application.
- Go to My Watch > General > Software Update > Download and Install.
- Enter your iPhone Passcode and tap Agree.
- Tap the Install button on your iPhone or Apple Watch.
Once the watchOS update is downloaded and installed, your Apple Watch will reboot to apply the software update.
How to install watchOS 7 using your Apple Watch?
The facility to update the watchOS from the Settings app within the Apple Watch was first introduced with watchOS 6. To install watchOS 7 using your Apple Watch, follow these steps.
- Open the Settings application on your Apple Watch
- Go to General > Software Update > Install.
- Tap OK.
- Now launch the Apple Watch application on your iPhone and Agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- Tap Download & Install on your Apple Watch
It should be noted that your Apple Watch needs to be on a charger or at least have 50% of battery backup to install the update otherwise the update will not begin.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.