Facebook-owned photo and video-sharing social networking service, Instagram enables you to permanently delete your account. And also, one of the most common questions asked to us is – How to permanently delete your Instagram account on smartphone or PC? So, to make our reader’s and askers’ life easy we bring you a comprehensive article.
As soon as you delete your Instagram account, the data associated with your profile including your photos, videos, likes, and comments are permanently removed.
What happens when you permanently delete an Instagram account?
Once your Instagram account is deleted, you can’t use the same username and password to sign in. After thirty days of deletion, the data associated with your profile is erased that can’t be recovered. Throughout the deletion process, the account and the associated information remains hidden from other users.
It must be noted that there is no feature within the Instagram Android or iOS application to permanently delete your account. Hence, you will have to use a web browser on a PC or your smartphone.
How to permanently delete your Instagram account?
To permanently delete your Instagram account, follow these steps.
- Open a web browser on your PC.
- Go to the website of Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/accounts/login/?next=/accounts/remove/request/permanent/)
- Log in to your Instagram account by entering your username and password.
- You will be required to select an option from the dropdown next to the question, Why are you deleting your account? It is compulsory to select a reason from the dropdown otherwise the button to delete your account Instagram account will not appear.
- Enter your password once again and click Permanently delete my account.
How to permanently delete a different Instagram account?
To permanently delete a different Instagram account, follow these steps.
- On the “Delete your Account” page (https://www.instagram.com/accounts/login/?next=/accounts/remove/request/permanent/), click or tap the username located in the top-right.
- Click or tap next to the Edit Profile option and choose Log Out.
- Log into the Instagram account that you want to delete and follow the procedure listed above.
According to Instagram’s Data Policy (https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875), the copies of the data associated with your profile may remain in the servers even after 91 days o retrieve them in case of software loss or disaster. The company also keeps some data for legal issues, harm prevention efforts, or terms violations.
If you know of any more ways how to permanently delete your Instagram account on smartphone or PC, do let us know below in the comments section.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.