There are several methods to run Android on your PC like using an Android emulator. An Android emulator runs inside your primary operating system. You can also install Android independently of your primary operating system i.e. Windows.
Why would you need to install Android on your PC?
Although, a majority of developers release cross-platform applications. Still, there are several apps that are specifically designed to run on a specific platform like Android or iOS. Installing Android on your PC enables you to enjoy Android-exclusive games including The Room Series, Summer Catchers, and Ordia.
What Is Phoenix OS?
Phoenix OS is an Android 7-based operating system that can be installed on your PC alongside your Windows operating system. You can also install the Phoenix OS on a USB flash drive to run it on any computer.
How to Install the Android Phoenix operating system on your PC?
To Install the Android Phoenix operating system on your PC, follow these steps.
- Go to the official website of the Phoenix OX and download the installer (http://www.phoenixos.com/en/download_x86). You may also go to FileHorse.com to download the software (https://www.filehorse.com/download-phoenix-os/).
- Go to your Downloads folder and launch the Phoenix OS installer.
- In the installation window, choose the Make U-Disk option if you wish to install the Phoenix OS on a USB drive.
- To install the Phoenix OS directly on your PC, choose the desired drive and click Next.
- Assign the desired space to the Phoenix OS. The more storage space you reserve, the more Android apps you can install on it.
- Click the install button and wait for the setup to complete the process.
As soon as the Phoenix OS is installed on your PC, you’ll be prompted to disable secure boot.
How to run Android apps on the Phoenix OS?
To run Android apps on the Phoenix OS, follow these steps.
- Reboot your PC and on the start-up, choose to load the Phoenix OS.
- If you’re running the Phoenix OS on a laptop, you may need to connect an external mouse as the operating system is not compatible will all the trackpads.
- By default, the Play Store comes pre-installed in the Phoenix OS. Thus, you can directly install apps. Moreover, you can sideload the application through APK files.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.