Windows 10 offers multiple ways to take screenshots. You can capture a part of the screen or the entire screen in simple steps. Moreover, Windows 10 enables you to edit your screenshot and save it to the desired location.
Why would you take a screenshot?
Screenshots are the best ways to capture the entire information displayed on your screen at any time. This feature is essentially useful when you want to take a snapshot of a graph, video, or gameplay. However, since the entire frame is captured as an image, you can’t easily edit the text in the screenshot.
Method 1: Screenshot of the entire screen
To take a screenshot of the entire screen on Windows 10, follow these steps.
- Press the Windows + Print Screen key combination.
- Open the Pictures library on your PC from Windows Explorer.
- Open the Screenshots folder. Screenshots folder stores all your screenshots.
Alternatively, you can open the MS Paint and click the Paste option located on the top left. Once you get the screenshot on the canvas, you can save it to the desired location.
Method 2: Screenshot of the current window only
To take a screenshot of the current window only on Windows 10, follow these steps.
- Click the running application window of which you want to take the screenshot.
- Press the Alt + Print Screen key combination.
- Open MS Paint and click the Paste option located on the top left.
Once you get the screenshot on the canvas, you can save it to the desired location.
Method 3: Screenshot of a part of the screen
To take the screenshot of a part of the screen, follow these steps.
- Go to Start and search for the Snipping Tool.
- Click the Mode button to select the kind of snip you want to take such as Rectangular, Free-form, Window, or Full-Screen.
- Click New to freeze the screen.
- Select the part of the screen you want to capture and save it to the desired location.
Method 4: Screenshot using the Xbox Game Bar?
To take the screenshot using the Xbox Game Bar, follow these steps.
- Press the Windows key + G key combination.
- To take the screenshot, click the Camera button. The notification “Screenshot Saved” will appear
Alternatively, you can open the Xbox Game Bar by launching the Xbox Game Bar and pressing the Windows + Alt + Print Screen.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.