The Share Play feature of the PlayStation 5 With enables you to let your friend view your gameplay, play along with you, or play your character.
Why would you use Share Play on PlayStation 5?
The Share Play overcomes the geographical barrier and allows friends to play together while being at their respective homes. The significance of Share play can be realised during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic when people prefer to carry out most activities from their homes including playing video games.
How to Use Share Play on the PlayStation 5?
You need to set up a Party with your friend(s) to use Share Play. Follow these steps.
- Go to the Home screen and press the PS button on your controller.
- Now choose the Game Base option given at the bottom of the screen.
- Now create a party by pressing the Square button on your controller.
- Choose your friend from the list who you want to join the party. It must be noted that you may add up to 99 people to the Party.
- Press the Right button on your controller
- Go to Voice Chat and choose Join.
- Select the Start Share Screen option given in the Voice Chat panel.
- You will see new options appear on the screen options will appear
- Go to Share Play and press X.
- Select Start Share Play.
- Now choose the desired friend who you wish to Share Play.
- Select the version of Share Play you wish to use:
- Visitor Plays as You: This option allows your friend to play on your behalf.
- Play With the Visitor: This option allows you to play n a cooperative mode with your friend.
- Ask your friend to accept the invitation to Share Play
- On the Voice Chat screen, you will see a 60-minute countdown after which the session will automatically end. The PlayStation 5 limits a Share Play session to 60 minutes. However, you can restart it as many times as you want.
You can end the Share Play by pressing the PS button on your controller and choosing the Game Base.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.