Gameplay streaming is one of the most trending activities nowadays. It offers the best of both gaming and being connected socially. There are several platforms like YouTube and Twitch that allow you to add several features to enhance engagement. PlayStation 5 has unlocked new opportunities for gamers to play as well as stream their skills. With the DualSense wireless controller of the PlayStation 5, you can quickly begin streaming within the console.
What do you need to stream gameplay on PlayStation 5?
Streaming gameplay on PlayStation 5 is quite straightforward. You only need the following:
- A stable internet connection
- A PlayStation Network account
- Linking of the account with a streaming service like YouTube or Twitch.
When you link your PlayStation Network account with YouTube or Twitch, the public broadcasts will be visible on your PlayStation Network profile. As soon as you link your YouTube account, you will have to wait for the verification before you can begin streaming. However, Twitch does not demand verification and you can start streaming your gameplay immediately.
How to stream gameplay on PlayStation 5?
- Create a YouTube or Twitch account using a smartphone or PC. It is beneficial to install Twitch on your smartphone so that you can dynamically modify the stream settings.
- Launch the video game that you want to stream.
- Press the Create button.
- Select the Broadcast option located at the bottom of the screen by pressing ‘X’.
- Select between YouTube and Twitch to stream on.
- Link your PlayStation Network Account to YouTube or Twitch if haven’t done it before.
- Enter the name of the broadcast and press X on Go Live to begin streaming.
- You can modify the stream quality by choosing the ellipses button with ‘X’.
- When you wish to pause the stream, press the PlayStation button to go to the Control Center.
- Press the ‘Square’ button followed by pressing the ‘X’ button to stop the stream.
It is important to note that based on the genre of game that you are streaming, you are placed in a category. To maximise engagement to your stream, using the Twitch application so that you can include additional tags and choose a go-live notification.
Can you stream your audio and video along with the gameplay?
The PlayStation 5 enables you to stream your audio and video apart from the gameplay. While you are creating the broadcast, you can choose to include your voice through a microphone and video through a camera.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.