If you use Instagram, Facebook, YouTube a lot then you must have noticed that these platforms provide autoplay features in videos. The feature plays the video on the screen even if you have not tapped on it. So, if you are scrolling Instagram at midnight suddenly you might get a mini heart attack because you have not turned the volume down and the autoplay feature played a video in front of you. This article consists of the top best methods to stop autoplay videos on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
So if you are irritated by this autoplay feature then here is how you can stop it. Just follow the steps given below:
Facebook is a quite widely used social media platform and here is how you can stop the autoplay feature
- Open the Facebook app on your Android or iOS phone.
- Click the three-line menu at the top right of the screen.
- Click on Settings & Privacy under and then go to Settings.
- Now, go to videos and check Never Autoplay videos.
If you are on a desktop the follow these steps
- Open and log in to the Facebook website in your browser.
- Click on the down-facing arrow at the top right of the screen.
- Go to settings and then go to videos and turn off autoplay videos.
So here is how you can turn off autoplay videos on Facebook.
Most of the young users prefer Instagram over Facebook due to many reasons, if you want to turn off autoplay on Instagram then just follow these steps:
- Open Instagram on your Android or iPhone.
- Tap your profile picture at the bottom right.
- Now, click the three-line menu at the top and go to Settings.
- Select Account and go to Cellular Data Use/Data uses.
- The final step is to just enable Data Saver, and that’s it.
Twitter is a very popular mini-blogging site where anyone can share and tag anyone they want. If the autoplay video irritates you on Twitter then follow these steps:
- Open Twitter on your Android or iPhone.
- Click on your profile picture at the top left on the screen.
- Now, select Settings and privacy and then tap on Accessibility, display, and languages.
- Go to videos and then autoplay videos, and turn off the autoplay feature.
If you are on Twitter Web then here is how you can do it
- Open and log in to Twitter in your browser.
- Click on more in the sidebar menu and select Settings and privacy.
- Click on the Accessibility, display, and languages menu, and then click data uses.
- The final step is to turn off the autoplay feature and check the never option, and that’s it!
If we are talking about turning off the autoplay videos then how can we forget the most popular video streaming platform, YouTube? Here is how you can turn off this feature:
- Open the YouTube app on your iOS or Android phone.
- Click your profile picture at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Settings and then go to General.
- Click on playback on feed and turn it off, and that’s it.
So, these were top best methods to stop autoplay videos on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram. Using these ways you can turn off the autoplay feature on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Read also: How to turn off auto play videos on Facebook
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.