Smart TVs are very common these days, they are now very easily available at a price similar to a normal TV. Purchasing a smart TV makes more sense since these smart machines allow access to many channels that offer TV programs, movies, and music without the need to connect a TV antenna or a cable. But if your smart TV has now slowed down then this article is for you. Here are the best ways to make your Android TV run faster.
So it’s time to give a new life to your TV and make it faster and more enjoyable. Just look and follow the hacks and methods mentioned below and you will be able to make your smart TV run faster.
Clear Cache data and app data
If your TV has now slowed down then chances are that you have filled up the storage of your TV or maybe some apps are the culprit. In order to clear data or cache data from your TV just follow the given steps:
- Go to your Android TV Settings, different TVs might have different methods so just look for your TV in the instruction manual.
- Then go to Apps and tap your preferred app.
- Click on Clear Cache and press the OK button, or just clear all the data and press OK.
That is how you can clear data on your TV and it should make your TV run faster.
If clearing data and cache didn’t work then you should uninstall the apps that are just taking up space and you do not use them. This is the best method to clear up the space on your TV. To uninstall apps just follow the steps:
- Open your Android TV Menu.
- Head to the Apps section and highlight the app from the list you want to remove.
- Press and hold the Select or Enter key on your TV Remote.
- The final step is to just uninstall the app.
And that’s how you can uninstall any app that you do not use on your Android TV
Read also: Best 4 ways to remove Chinese apps from your Android
Turn Off Usage Diagnostics & Location Tracking
If you will turn off this feature then it will help to improve the performance of your Android TV and will make it run faster. Since Android TVs are not meant for multitasking, this feature runs in the background and consumes resources making your TV run slower. To disable this just follow the steps:
- Open the Setting in your Android TV, and scroll down and click on Location under Personal.
- Over here, click on Location Status and turn it Off.
- Now, just go back to the Settings menu and click on Usage & Diagnostics.
- Disable the toggle to turn it Off.
This is how you can turn off this feature and make your TV run faster.
Disable Automatic Software Updates
Android TVs have a decent processor inside them but that is not meant for multitasking or handling many tasks at the same time. Background updates take up resources from your TV and make it slow down. If you want to make your TV run faster then just disable the background update settings by following these steps:
- Open the Settings menu on your TV.
- Go to the System Software Update menu.
- Over here you will have to turn off automatic updates and that is it.
Disable Automatic apps Updates
You have to turn off the automatic app updates as well in order to make your Android TV run faster. To do this just follow the given steps:
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android TV, and go to the Settings.
- Over here, click on Auto-update apps and turn it off.
It is that simple, just 2 steps and that is it!
Use a higher bandwidth connection
Since Android TV relies on the internet they need to have a good internet connection otherwise you might see lags in the performance of the TV. So, if possible then connect your TV to a 5GHz band, since it offers more speed. Also, make sure that the WiFi router is fairly close to the TV.
If possible then use a wired connection rather than using WiFi since a wired connection offers lossless speed and you will feel fewer lags in your experience.
We all have a habit of jumping straight to the home and not closing the apps. Again, smart TVs do not have specs that are made to handle many tasks at the same time. When you jump straight to the home screen, the app keeps running in the background and takes up resources from TV, slowing its performance. So it is advised that you should always press the back button to close the apps, not the home button.
Read also: 10 things to do to deal with your slow internet connection
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.