HomeMobilesApple iPhone 6S Plus catches fire on its own, even when the...

Apple iPhone 6S Plus catches fire on its own, even when the device was not charging

The device caught fire at midnight in the user’s bedroom.

In a rare accident, an Apple iPhone 6S Plus caught fire. However, the phone was not kept on charge when it caught fire. Fortunately, the device was not in the pocket, however, it was kept on the mattress while the owner of the phone was asleep. The iPhone 6S is owned by a man who is from India.

Mr Chaudhary from India is a user of the Apple iPhone 6S Plus which caught fire randomly in the middle of the night when he and his family members were asleep. However, the user was able to douse the fire so the situation was under control before the handset went up in flames.

- Advertisement -

The user took to Twitter to report this scary incident to the company and its head Tim Cook and called for support. As per the tweet sent to the company and its chief, the Apple iPhone 6S Plus caught the fire at midnight. 

His tweet reads, “@tim_cook  My iPhone 6s plus Catch the Fire at Midnight But thank Fully it’s not Burnt in my Pocket. I Request to apply Brand Pls Do something!”

Other than this the user has also made a video and uploaded it to YouTube in which he has shown the burnt iPhone 6S. As we said before the owner was asleep when the iPhone burnt. Due to this the bedsheet, as well as the mattress, had also caught fire which was thankfully beaten out resulting in no serious injury. Till now the company has not commented on the incident.

This is not the first time such an incident happened. A similar incident was experienced when an iPhone 6 owned by an 11-year-old girl who is from California, USA suddenly caught fire and burned holes in her blanket. The girl used to watch YouTube videos and occasionally lets her younger siblings play games on it.

Another shocking incident took place when a user named Hillard saw smoke coming from his iPhone XS Max and also suddenly started feeling a “large amount of heat” clubbed with a burning sensation on his skin. He reportedly rushed and took off his pants where he had placed his iPhone XS Max and a fire extinguisher had to be used to put out the flames of the burning smartphone.

For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on TwitterFacebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.

- Advertisement -
Komila Singhhttp://www.gadgetbridge.com
Komila is one of the most spirited tech writers at Gadget Bridge. Always up for a new challenge, she is an expert at dissecting technology and getting to its core. She loves to tinker with new mobile phones, tablets and headphones.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Follow Us

119,407FansLike
8,924FollowersFollow
4,777FollowersFollow
5,090SubscribersSubscribe

Must Read

August 1 2021 Amazon Quiz answers: Participate and win exciting prizes

August 1 2021 Amazon Quiz answers: Participate and win exciting prizes

0
The e-commerce platform Amazon is back with another new session of the quiz on its platform. It brings Amazon Quiz sessions for its customers...
- Advertisement -