The YouTube app has been very convenient and easy to use on an iPhone. You can access it with a click of a button and browse your favourite YouTube channels. The YouTube app also allows you to get notification alerts to the channel you subscribe to. But the notification can sometimes not work. Follow the guide below to fix YouTube notifications.
Table of Contents
Update your iOS to the latest version:
The first option to fix the YouTube notifications which are not on your iPhone is by updating the iOS software. It is tp review that the older version of iOS might not be very stable with the new update on the YouTube app. So to enhance the performance and compatibility of the updated YouTube it is highly advised to update the iOS to the latest version available. You can update your iOS by going to Settings>General>Software update>Download and install.
Change iPhone notifications settings:
The next best way is to check if the notifications settings in your iPhone are correctly set to the right settings. This will definitely fix the YouTube notification not being able to get alerts. Configuring the YouTube app notifications on your iPhone is simple and easy. Follow the steps below.
- Open your iPhone and visit the Settings app.
- Go to apps options>Select YouTube.
- Click on Notifications>Toggle Allow notifications.
- Scroll down on the same page>Find alerts.
- From the three options: Lock Screen, Notifications centre, and Banner>Tick on all.
- Now from the Banner style options>Toggle Sound and Badges.
Change the YouTube In-App notifications settings:
The YouTube app also has some advanced settings you can configure. It is very important that these settings are right. The app allows you to customise push notifications for activities, video recommendations, subscription highlights, and etc. If there is a problem with your notification it is better you review your notifications preferences on the app. Follow the guide below.
- Open the YouTube app on your iPhone.
- Go to the top right corner with your profile icon and click on it.
- From the drop-down page>Select Settings.
- Now on the page open-up>Click on Notifications.
- From the list shown: Recommended videos, Activity on my channel, Activity on my comments>Toggle it on.
- For additional options>Find Disable sound and vibrations>Toggle it on.
Switch off your Incognito mode:
There is a change also that enabling the incognito mode might have stopped the YouTube app notifications. Incognito mode is an option that lets you watch your video privately on your iPhone. This basically means YouTube does not have it on watch history or searches. Here are the steps to turn off the incognito mode.
- On the YouTube app check if there is a mask icon next to your profile icon.
- If you see the icon click on it.
- From the left side, window find Turn off incognito
- And click on it.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.