In order to take on Bitmoji and Apple Mimoji, Facebook has launched its own version of Avatars. The social media giant has introduced Facebook Avatars in India. Prior to its launch in the country, this feature has already been made available in other markets such as the US, Australia, New Zealand, Europe and Canada and now it has been rolled out for the Indian users. This feature will allow the users to create their own cartoon characters just as we use Bitmoji to represent ourselves on Snapchats.
In order to meet the demands of its users, Facebook has rolled out a new feature on its platform being called Avatars. This feature will be available in the Messenger, Facebook comments and stories. This is the company’s new way to allow its users to represent themselves to express their emotions instead of using emojis and smileys. The company said, “With much of our social interaction these days taking place online, it’s more important than ever to be able to express yourself personally on Facebook.” According to the company, this is the newest range of emotions and expressions in a fun and personalised way. When now everyone in the country is maintaining social distancing and most of their communications are made online the users can create their own personalised avatars. The feature is available on the Facebook mobile app both Android as well as iOS and offers distinct hairstyles, outfits, face cuts to suit the Indian users. One can use its as a profile picture, comments and stories as well as on WhatsApp chats to represent themselves. To create your personalised Avatar on Facebook follow the steps below.
How to create your Facebook Avatar
- Firstly, check if you have the latest version of the Facebook app on your smartphone. If not then update the app from the Play Store or App Store.
- Now launch Facebook on your device and tap the hamburger icon on the top right corner of the screen. Those using the iPhone can find the icon at the bottom right corner.
- Now scroll down to find Avatars options from the list.
- Next Tap the option and start creating your personalised avatar.
- To create you can select face shape, skin tone, the hairstyle of your choice and even make up for women.
- You can also choose a body type as well as costumes as per your liking. To give it a more desi touch you can also select bindis, kurtis, sarees and suits for female uses. Male users can include turban, lungis, kurtas and other options form the options. You can also click a selfie and put it beside your Facebook avatar to check the resemblance.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.