Popular battle royale game Fortnite has just rolled out its Season 8 update. And with this latest update, the game has got a number of changes. But before we get started about the changes, we should mention what’s going on in the background story as of now. The Ice King’s castle’s powerful prisoner has been set free, and now, he has bought fire and flame to Fortnite. However, there is a new treasure as well.
But in order to get that, the player has to deal with pirates, ninjas and other fighters. Furthermore, a new weapon has been added in Season 8 called the Pirate Cannon, besides new locations and the challenge of playing on a map where you can be hurt by Lava. to know about the changes in detail, read on:
There are two new additions that may interest you — Sunny Steps and Lazy Lagoon. You can discover new loots at both these locations.
A new Battle Pass has been added for Fortnite Season 8. You can collect it for free, but for that, you will need to collect thirteen free Overtime Challenges during the Fortnite Share the Love event. However, if you fail, you can buy it for 950 V-bucks. Once you buy the Battle Pass, you will have access to Blackheart and Hybrid outfits.
As we mentioned earlier, Fortnite Season 8 has got the new Pirate Cannon, which can be found throughout the environment.
You can either use the cannon to aim and fire at other or you can climb into the barrel and launch yourself. It can fire cannonballs as well as players at a great distance.
However, some items have also been discontinued in Fortnite Season 8. These include:
- Sneaky Snowman
- Chiller Grenade
- X-4 Stormwing
- Shopping Cart
- All Terrain Kart
And now, finally, here’s a look at Fortnite season 8 gameplay patch notes:
- Plankerton Visual Update (including the Lakeside Biome).
- Hiding “Squad” tab from the in-game inventory screen. However, we should add that improvements are still being made to this and will re-feature it in the future.
- Hover Turret: Reduced damage per hit from 15 to 12
- Proximity Mine:
- Reduced recharge time from 200 seconds to 60 seconds
- Increased starting charges from 2 to 4
- Increased bonus charges from Skill Tree Upgrades from 1 to 3 each (now maxes out at 10 charges)
- Reduced damage from 230 to 183
- No longer causes knockback
- Increased stability when placing tracks and B.A.S.E. in the builder pro configuration
- Driftboards can now be destroyed by lava.
- Driftboards are no longer slowed when going up ramps
- Geysers can now affect Driftboards.
- Driftboards can no longer be pushed with high impact weapons.
The bug fixes of the update include:
- Fixed invisible Driftboard collision when riding over a weather balloon landing site.
- Fixed issue with the Hoverboard being in the ground for other players.
Click here to read the complete list of changes.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel.