Google Photos is one such app that is quite popular among users. Since its inception, the app has gained a lot of popularity. Now the technology giant Google has announced on its official twitter account that it will be rolling out a new feature for its Google lens that will now allow the user to search for text within the photos as well as screenshots. Over that, the AI feature will also permit the user to copy the text that appears in the photos and paste that text onto a document or a note.
The new feature will make use of the optical character recognition (OCR) that is capable to copy text from any image. The company announced this new feature on its official twitter account when it was spotted by a user. In response to him, the company said, “You spotted it! Starting this month, we’re rolling out the ability to search your photos by the text in them. Once you find the photo you’re looking for, click the Lens button to easily copy and paste the text. Take that, impossible Wi-Fi passwords.”
Google Photos text search feature is perfect for documents as well as Wifi passwords. I-powered Lens camera identifies the context of a picture. This feature works both for Android and iOS apps along with the web client.
The latest feature is being rolled out on many devices. Read how to make use of the new Google Photos text search:
- Unlock the Google Photos app
- Now tap on the search bar placed on the top. Then type the text that you are searching for. For instance, you are looking for a photo that you took some time ago of a name card. All you have to do is type the name in the search bar.
- Now Google will pull out the text found within the image then tap on it.
- Now tap on the Google lens switch placed at the bottom of the screen.
- Here you can find all the text highlighted in the photo or the screenshot. Now tap on the text that you searched.
- Then copy the text.
- Now paste the text wherever you want whether it on the document or a note or either on the web browser.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App