HMD Global has announced the rollout of the Android 10 update for Nokia 7.2. The device was officially launched in India last year in the month of September. The device is the part of Google’s Android One program that ensures fast Android OS updates in spite of that the company is releasing the latest Android 10 upgrade to the smartphone which is already behind the times as it has been six months since Google launched the OS.
From today, Android 10 OS will be rolled out to seven Nokia devices Nokia 8.1, Nokia 7.2, Nokia 7 Plus, Nokia 7.1, Nokia 6.1 Plus, Nokia 6.1 and Nokia 2.2. The rollout will be in a staged manner which means the update will reach out to a few devices initially. The users will get a notification for the latest upgrade or else you can check for the update manually in the Settings section. The new update comes with
Software version 2.250. It also brings a March 2020 security patch along with the system-wide dark theme, Smart reply, full-screen gesture navigation among other features.
- Gesture Navigation: control of your Nokia smartphone just got slicker, with faster and more intuitive controls at the tip of your fingers
- Smart Reply: receive even smarter responses in messages, not just wording but actions you can take
- Privacy Controls: have even more control of your personal data all in one place, and control when your location is shared with your apps – be that always, just while in use, or never
- Focus mode: block out distracting apps when you need to concentrate on what’s important (try it now in Beta)
- Family Link: now part of the Digital Wellbeing settings, helping parents set digital ground rules for the whole family
Nokia 7.2 specifications
Nokia 7.2 currently runs on Android 9 Pie which will now be upgraded to Android 10. It features a 6.3-inch full-HD+ display with HDR10 support and 500 nits brightness. The device is Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor paired with up to 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage.
For optics, Nokia 7.2 features a triple rear camera setup that includes a 48-megapixel primary sensor with an f/1.79 aperture. Further assisted by a secondary 8-megapixel wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture and a tertiary 5-megapixel depth sensor. For selfies and video calls, there is a 20-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture. The smartphone boasts a 3,500mAh battery and a rear fingerprint sensor for authentication.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.