We often come across emails we don’t want to see and they can be very irritating. They many a times exist in our spam folder. But otherwise, they can also appear in the inbox, amongst the mails which are most important to you. This can be really bothersome as the mail which you had received just 4 hours ago or a day ago is down below. Until you keep scrolling till your thumb aches, you cannot find your important emails. Just because your entire inbox is spammed with unwanted emails.
Also, this causes inconvenience as the mail you are looking for is not just amongst the unwanted emails but is lost in them. Irritating no? However, there is a solution to this. In this article, we are going to show you how to get rid of emails on Gmail and Outlook. First of all, we are going to give you the guidelines to how you can block emails on Gmail. Here are the steps for your assistance:
- Login to your Gmail account with your email ID and password.
- Go to inbox. Open the mail you want to block.
- Click on the three dots next to the reply button of the top right-hand corner.
- Now, click ‘Block [name]’.
- Now you will come across a pop-up window where you will find a ‘Block’ button. Click on that.
Note that, after these steps the email would only stop appearing in your inbox. They would not get deleted and will continue to exist in your spam folder. If you want to automatically delete emails from a particular sender, then follow these steps:
- Open you Gmail account with your email ID and password.
- Open the email you want to block and click on the three dots that is next to the Reply button.
- Now, select ‘Filter messages like this’.
- In the box that pops-up after this, click ‘Create filter with this search’ on the bottom-right hand corner.
- Now select ‘Skip the inbox (Archive it)’
The email will still exist but you would not be able to find it. Also, what you can do is select ‘Delete it’ and the email will be sent to your deleted items folder and will be wiped out within a span of 30 days.
That was for Gmail accounts. Now we are going to teach you how you can block emails from your Outlook account. Here you go:
- Login to Outlook with your username and password
- Select the mail you want to get rid of and then click on the Action menu that is located on the top-right hand corner.
- Out of the options which appear from the menu, click on ‘Create rule’
- At this point, you can set a rule and all messages from that particular sender will be deleted and sent to deleted items
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel.