Laptops are the portable PCs which we can take with ourselves to any place and continue with our work without being tied to just one place. Since their beginning, they have evolved to offer similar level of performance as a desktop PC, and at the same time, they are portable. But laptops too come with their own fair share of problems, and being portable means that you carry them wherever you want. However, doing this can lead to a number of problems too and the most prominent one among them is that it accumulates dust and germs on its surface if carried to various places. It is not an insurmountable problem though. One can easily overcome it provided they know how to clean their laptop. We should mention that cleaning a laptop is not as easy as cleaning a smartphone but once it still needs to be cleaned.
Here we are showing you the ways by which you can clean your laptop. Cleaning your laptop comes in two parts – cleaning the keyboard and then the display.
Here are the ways by which you can clean your keyboard:
- First you need to turn off your laptop and disconnect it from the power supply and the battery itself.
- Then you need to open your laptop and turn it upside down.
- After then you need to gently tap on the laptop to get rid of any loose particles, crumbs, etc.
- After that, you need to spray canned air on the keyboard. This will loosen up the fat chunks of crumbs, garbage struck between the keyboard’s keys.
- Once it is done, you need to put the laptop down to a flat surface and then vacuum the keyboard.
- Once it is done, you need to take come cotton swabs and dampen it with rubbing alcohol. Wipe these over your keyboard and between the keys. (but it should be noted that the cotton swab should be damp at the finest and it should not be wet.
- Once it is done, you can apply Keyboard cleaner jelly/ slime (if possible) to the keyboard (try to follow what the package says).
How to clean your Laptop’s LCD display
- To clean your laptop’s LCD, first you need to spray your screen with canned air to remove the dust from the surface.
- Then you need to make a solution of equal parts with distilled water and white vinegar.
- Then you need to spray the mixed solution on to a soft rag and make it damp. Once it is done, you need to gently wipe the screen of the laptop to clean it.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.