Apple has finally released the public version of its new iOS 13 beta. Although the stable version of the new OS is still months away, users can download and install the new OS in their devices and give it a test run. They can install the new iOS 13 and see what changes it has brought to the iPhones. Some of the new features have already been announced by the company at the WWDC 2019. But it’s always a different experience to actually use these features.
According to Apple, the new iOS 13 has a 30% faster face unlocking capability than the previous iOS. It also claims that the apps can now open twice as fast as they did in iOS 12. One of the most anticipated feature of the iOS 13 is the system wide dark mode which will darken the apps and background. It is also claimed to help in saving the battery life of the device. According to Apple, the dark mode will be supported by all the first party applications as well as app dock and notifications. Siri is also getting a new voice with the iOS 13.
But it should be kept in mind that not all the iPhone models will support the iOS 13. The only iPhones that can run the iOS 13 are – iPhone X-series, iPhone XS-series, iPhone 8-series, iPhone 7-series, iPhone 6-series, iPhone SE and iPod Touch (7th gen).
Here’s how you can install the iOS 13 public beta version in your iPhone (if it falls in the abovementioned list):
- First go to Apple’s beta software website from Safari browser. Keep in mind that the website won’t open in any browsers like Chrome or Firefox.
- Once the website opens, you need to click on “Enroll Your Devices” present at the top of the page.
- After that, click on “iOS”. On doing this, a reminder will open which will remind you to send a backup of your iPhone’s contents to your macOS PC. This is important because if you want to go back to the old OS, then you would need this backup file.
- After this, scroll down and look for a button with “Download Profile” written on it. Once clicked, it will bring a warning that will say that the website it trying to download a configuration profile. Click on “Allow”. This will download the configuration profile to your device.
- After that, a pop-up window will open that will say that you can set the new profile from the Settings app. Head to Settings, and then go to General and click on Software update.
- Tap on Download and Install.
- Once the new iOS 13 beta is downloaded, you can click on Install to download the beta build in your iPhone.
Keep in mind that since the iOS 13 is still in its beta version it may come with its own share of bugs. You can give feedback and report of the bugs and problems that you find in the new iOS 13 beta build. Hopefully, they will be fixed in the stable version of the new OS.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.