Almost every major social media platform uses some form of verification to identify and distinguish between the real and fake accounts of public figures, celebrities, or even a business. While most platforms have a different coloured tick that they place in front of the user name of the profile to mark it as verified, some like Tik Tok have their own symbols. It is like a mark of authenticity for the profile and is added so that people find it easier to connect with real accounts rather than fake ones. On Instagram, verified accounts have a Blue-coloured tick next to them.
There are a number of benefits of having a verified account on Instagram. It can help you build trust online or even help your business grow. Earlier there was a tricky and mysterious way to get your account verified on Instagram. However, now it has been made fairly simple. Now almost any real person/ place or business can get their account verified.
Follow these steps to verify your Instagram account:
- Log in to your Instagram account and head to go to your profile page.
- Once there, click on the three-lined icon present on the top right of the screen.
- Then, click on the Settings icon present at the bottom of the Menu list.
- Once there, click on Account and then head to Request Verification at the bottom of the list.
- Once there, you will be asked few questions like your Full Name, Known as, the category of your account etc. Fill in this information/
- You will be asked to attach a picture of your ID card. The ID card can include Aadhar card, driver’s license, D.O.B certificate, Passport, etc.
- Once you have filled the form and attached the required photo ID, click on Send.
- After that, Instagram will review your account verification request and send you a message about whether the verification your account is eligible or not. Instagram usually takes around a week to reply and update on the verification process. If your account is eligible then it will be verified right away.
Keep in mind that even after you fill out the form and follow all the steps, you might not get your account verified as Instagram looks for certain requirements as far as verification is considered. According to Instagram, to be verified, the account need to be Authentic, Unique, Complete and Notable. If your account doesn’t have these qualities, then it won’t get verified.