People who are planning to switch from an iPhone to an Android device (which is becoming more common these days), transferring of contacts might trouble some. So, if you have to transfer your contacts from iPhone to Android without losing any data, we have introduced three methods that can help you with the same. The first method is to transfer your contacts via iCloud. Here is how to do it:
- On your iPhone, go to Settings>[your name]>iCloud>turn on iCloud service for contacts.
- A pop-up video will appear where you’ll find ‘Merge’, Press that.
- On your computer, open iCloud and log in with you Apple ID
- Now select the contacts on your iPhone> Export vCard. At this point, your iPhone contacts will be transferred to your computer
- Now connect your Android phone to your computer via USB. Copy the file containing the contacts, and import them to your android device and populate.
The next method is transferring your contacts with the help of a Google Account. This is only applicable if you are using your Gmail account. So, if you want to use this method then make sure that you have one. Here are the steps involved when you want to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android using Gmail account:
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Click the Gmail logo, and select your contacts on iPhone like you did earlier.
- After this, select More in the drop-down menu, click on Import.
- Import the file downloaded from iCloud, and your contacts will automatically be synced to the Android device.
The third and final method is, the use of iTunes. Here are the steps which will help you transfer your contact using this option:
- Launch iTunes on your computer
- Connect your iPhone with it
- On iTunes, click on the device icon and choose info
- Now, check ‘Sync Contacts With’ and then select Google Contacts. Type the username of your account contact, and password and click on Apply
Your Android device should be synced with the same Gmail account. This allows Google to sync contacts to your Android phone automatically when you connect your Gmail account to it.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel.