Now Instagram users can access Facebook’s Messenger Rooms feature that supports video-calling option with up to 50 people. Taking to Twitter, Instagram had announced that its users can now create an easy way to video chat with up to 50 of their favourite people via Messenger Rooms on Instagram. This took place after Instagram’s integration with Messenger Rooms on Facebook.
Wondering how to use Messenger Rooms on Instagram? Well, the official announcement video has revealed to use video-calling option, one simply needs to follow these steps:
- Open Instagram
- Then, click on the Direct icon
- Now, tap on the camera icon placed on the top right-hand side
- After this, click on ‘Create a Room’ option on the top of the display screen (Mind you! It showcases a message, “Send a Link to video chat with anyone, even if they don’t have Instagram.”)
- This will open a small pop-up window with a blue button on the bottom of the screen to ‘Create Room as (your name)
- Once Room is created, now you need to check against the name of people to add in the
- Tap on ‘Send’ button placed at the bottom
- Now choose ‘Join Room’
- With this, you will move out of Instagram and continue into Facebook Messenger
With this, one should ensure that Facebook Messenger pre-installed in their handsets as this video calling feature on Instagram is an integration of Facebook Messenger Room. This is why on joining room one moves out of Instagram and continue into Facebook Messenger.
Earlier a WABetaInfo report has revealed that the WhatsApp beta app version 2.20.163 for Android showcases a new integration with Messenger Rooms. This allows users to have access to this real-time video-chatting feature that enables up to 50 people to participate in the same group call.
If you too have 2.20.163 Android beta update installed, the news report added that you can check for WhatsApp’s new integration with Messenger Rooms by checking out the chat sheet if the Room icon is place alongside like Documents, Gallery, Audio, Location and Contacts. Why we didn’t mentioned about the Camera icon here, the reason is it has been replaced by Rooms in the WhatsApp beta app version 2.20.163 for Android.
On Clicking on Rooms, WhatsApp will introduce Room Messenger to you and you can get started by creating Rooms. But there is a second option too as you can access Room Messenger via Call tab. You select your contacts and then continue in messenger to create Room.
According to the report, the Messenger Rooms integration on WhatsApp has initially been introduced to users in the United States. However, it is believed that it will be made available in other regions soon.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.