In order to accelerate the rollout of 5G technology and deliver premium experiences on mid-tier 5G smartphones, MediaTek has announced its newest 5G SoC, the Dimensity 800U, as the latest addition in MediaTek’s Dimensity series family. The 7nm Dimensity 800U chipset is designed for multi-core high performance and leading 5G+5G Dual Sim Dual Standby (DSDS) technology.
“MediaTek’s Dimensity 800U brings cutting-edge, next-gen technology to the Dimensity SoC series, bringing MediaTek’s advanced 5G, imaging and multimedia technologies to high-performance 5G smartphones that deliver incredible 5G experiences,” said Yenchi Lee, Deputy General Manager of MediaTek’s Wireless Communications Business Unit.
According to the company, The integrated 5G modem in MediaTek’s Dimensity 800U not only supports sub-6Ghz SA and NSA networks, but also supports cutting-edge technologies such as 5G+5G dual SIM dual standby (DSDS), dual Voice over New Radio (VoNR), and 5G two carrier aggregation (2CC 5G-CA), bringing users faster and more stable 5G connections. With MediaTek 5G UltraSave technology, the modem’s operating mode is managed based on the network environment and data transmission quality, extending the battery life of mobile devices.
MediaTek’s Dimensity 800U is built on the 7nm process and delivers high performance while also minimizing power consumption. The SoC has an octa-core CPU with a dual cluster consisting of two Arm Cortex-A76 processors with a clock speed of 2.4GHz and six Arm Cortex-A55 processors with a clock speed of 2.0GHZ, offering incredible performance. Dimensity 800U integrates an Arm Mali-G57 GPU, an independent AI processing unit (APU) and LPDDR4x RAM.
Furthermore, MediaTek’s Dimensity 800U offers smartphones advanced technology to deliver incredible 5G experiences:
- It offers support for 120Hz FHD+ displays with high refresh rates for faster and smoother gaming and media streaming.
- It offers support for the HDR10+ standard for enhanced visual quality, plus the integrated MediaTek MiraVision PQ engine with HDR optimization for various types of videos.
- It offers support for flexible camera placement with up to 64MP cameras and quad camera capabilities.
- It offers integrated APU and ISP to provide a series of AI camera-enhancing functions.
- It offers support for voice on wakeup (VoW) and dual-mic noise reduction technology, lowering the standby power consumption of a voice assistant, and enabling it to hear clear sound regardless of external noise interruptions.
MediaTek’s Dimensity 800U will help drive mass-market 5G smartphones and give users extraordinary 5G experiences.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.