Most of the countries have imposed lockdown in their regions to control the spread of coronavirus. Many people are stuck at home during this time due to health concerns so are the kids. Instead of playing in the playground, they have to spend most of their time either watching TV, playing games or watching videos on Netflix. If you too have kids then the new parental control will allow you to keep a watch on your kids what they are watching, block a show or you can also set your profile so that they can only watch kids related content on the platform.
The popular video streaming platform Netflix has rolled out a bundle of new parental control based on the user’s feedback. According to the company it has added improved controls on its service to help parents, guardians and elders make the right viewing decisions for their families. Earlier it only had a “Kids” that was meant to limit content specifically to kids-friendly only.
Table of Contents
Following new controls will now be available for the parent to:
- PIN protect individual profiles to prevent kids from using them;
- Tailor their kids’ Netflix experience by filtering out titles that are not appropriate for their age;
- Remove individual series or films by title. When this filter is used, the blocked title(s) won’t show up anywhere in that profile;
- Easily review each profile’s setting using the “Profile and Parental Controls” hub within account settings;
- See what their kids have been watching within the profile created for them; and
- Turn off autoplay of episodes in kids’s profiles.
You can customise the settings according to your needs by going to account settings on a laptop or a mobile browser. This allows every family different family more viewing choices. The video streaming platform offers a huge variety of kids as well as family films and TV shows from all over the world, including award-winning animated films like Klaus, interactive shows like Carmen Sandiego: To Steal or Not to Steal and kids’ series such as Boss Baby. The Indian kids series Mighty Little Bheem is the most-watched preschool series on Netflix globally, and the second-most-watched kids’ series for Netflix worldwide.
How to set up parental control on Netflix:
- Go to account settings
- From the drop-down menu select a profile for your child or it can also be created by going to Manage profile.
- Now select Change next to Viewing Restrictions option
- Then enter your Netflix password. Now you can choose the viewing restriction for your kid from the level TV-Y (young kids) to NC-17.
- You can also block specific movies or content by selecting “profile maturity rating” options, and entering the name of a particular show or a movie which you don’t want your kids to watch and then click Save.
- In the same settings, you will find a Viewing Activity option which will allow you to keep a check on your kids that what they are watching.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.