Nikon India Private Ltd has now lifted curtains off the official version of Webcam Utility software that enables both mirrorless and DSLR Nikon cameras to function as high-quality cameras for livestreaming or web video conferences with the best video output.
According Nikon, “The effort is made simple with just the connection of a USB cable between the compatible camera and the computer. Together with the variety of available NIKKOR Z mount and F mount lenses, users will also enjoy the flexibility in choosing a preferred image angle while taking advantage of the lenses’ best-in-class sharpness and natural bokeh.”
The official version of Webcam Utility software is compatible with Windows 10 (64-bit) and macOS versions 10.13, 10.14, 10.15. Besides this, it is also compatible with the Z 7II, Z 7, Z 6II, Z 6, Z 5, Z 50, D6, D5, D850, D810, D780, D750, D500, D7500, D7200, D5600, D5500, D5300, D3500 cameras.
Mind you! Webcam Utility lets a Nikon camera be used as a webcam when connected to a computer via USB. However, it is not compatible with applications that lack support for virtual cameras.
- Create a folder on the hard disk and name it as desired.
- Download S-NWU___-010000MF-ALLIN-ALL___.dmg to the folder created in Step 1.
- Run S-NWU___-010000MF-ALLIN-ALL___.dmg to launch the installer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete installation.
What must be kept in mind is that there is no need to launch the software when installation is complete. No shortcut will be added to the menus or desktop. Mac users may need to restart the computer.
After establishing a connection to the camera, be careful not to remove the memory card while the memory card access lamp is lit. Live view may not end automatically when the live view auto off timer expires. Also, live view may not end when the camera is turned on and off. Turn the camera off and then on again. The camera may not exit PC mode when the web conferencing app closes. PC mode can be ended by disconnecting the USB cable.
In order to check if the Web Utility software is installed,
- Connect the camera and computer using a USB cable
- Turn the camera on
- Launch the web conferencing app and select “Webcam Utility” as the external camera
- Confirm that the image from the camera is displayed in the web conferencing app
However, if you wish to uninstall the software:
- Select Settings > System
- Select Apps & features
- Select “Webcam Utility” in the list and choose Uninstall to launch the uninstaller
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.