PUBG Mobile 0.19.0 update is arriving on July 7 as announced by the company’s official Twitter handle. The upcoming update is going to bring a new map named Livik. Prior to its official roll out the company has shared some details on what you can expect from the latest map. However, the leaks suggest that the new map is going to be an exclusive one being offered by the developers until now.
Recently PUBG Mobile announced via Twitter post that the next 0.19.0 update will come to the game on July 7. The update will bring the new map called Livik. However, the map is now available in the beta version of PUBG Mobile as ‘Secretmap’. In the past, the company has lured users with new modes like Jungle Adventure mode and Blue hole mode, Season 13 and other fun activities like SummerLand event and Guncraft Master were received extremely well by players world over.
The company says, “Amid these new additions to the game, the brand has decided to give its users something bigger and better, a new map! Since the announcement of Livik, it has been the talk of the town and users cannot wait to see everything it has to offer. Last week, we had the developers give us some exciting details that provide a sneak-peak into exactly what’s in store for us.”
Below are some key points that will give players a sneak-peek into Livik:
- The upcoming new map Livik is said to be a smaller map with faster-paced action-packed matches, making it the first-ever battle royale map to have 15-minute long matches specially created for players that shuffle between various work schedules and life commitments through the day.
- New and unique landmarks, terrain changes, and themes in this map will be introduced to the map different from anything players have witnessed in the past.
- Based on Nordic terrain, Livik will offer waterfalls and hot springs, therefore, adding unique strategic elements as well as in-game interactions to matches that are already focused on high octane action.
- According to the company with the addition of waterfalls, players fear the chance of getting washed away with the rapid water flow, this will lead to the development of new skills and tactics such as launching a motorboat from the top of a waterfall into the water below.
- In addition to this there will be new guns, he MK12 burst sniper rifle and a P90 original submachine gun from Team Death Match Arena Mode as well as an extended barrel which will allow for weapons that usually only excel at close to medium range engagements to push out a bit further.
While giving the preview into new map the company said, “While these are some of the few aspects mentioned by the team of developers, we’re sure that PUBG MOBILE has many more surprises to be uncovered. Stay tuned to find out exactly what they have up their sleeve.”
Few reports suggest that the Likvik will be two kilometers by two Kilometres in size. Other than bringing quick matches to the map it will also allow a maximum of up to 40 players. According to the game producer Rick Li, “The waterfalls around the map will provide unique interactions with the player not available on other maps.”