How to Share Your Location ??? Here you go…
Google Maps is one of the best apps to so to when you are looking for a way in a new place, trying to find a location or trying to find an alternative route to your destination. But it can also be used to find other people or let other people find you.
Google Maps comes with a feature which can help you share your real-time location to any one of your contacts so that they know exactly where you are and know about your whereabouts.
Share your location on mobile devices also for an easy finding.
Here are the steps by which you can share your real-time location to anyone.
How to use Google Maps to help someone find you?
- Open Google Maps on your iOS or Android device.
- Tap on the Blue dot which will show you your current location.
- Then you can tap on the ‘Share Location’ which appears under the location details.
- You can then choose how long you want your location to be shared. You can set the time by increasing or decreasing the hours or minutes. You can even set the time to indefinitely which later can be disabled manually.
- If you are an Android user, you need to select the person from your list of contacts with whom you want to share your location. Or you can share your location using WhatsApp, Gmail or Messages.
- If you are an iPhone user, you need to tap on the ‘Select People’ to choose the person from your list of contacts. Then you can send them your location through Messages or by any other means of communication.
- But if you want to share your location through the app itself, you would need to select a contact and then share your location with them.
- Once done, it would send a notification on the phone of the person with whom you had shared your location.
How to Share your Trip’s Progress?
You can even send your location to a person so that they can see your estimated time of arrival at the destination.
- Open the Google Maps app and start your navigation. You can set the starting location and the destination location.
- Then ‘Start’ to begin the navigation.
- After that, you need to tap on the arrow key on the bottom of the screen ‘^’.
- Then you need to tap on the ‘Share trip Progress’ from the list of menus.
- Select the person with whom you want to share the trip progress.
- After that, your shared trip details will be shared with the person.