Your safety is crucial to those who care about you no matter where you are. Snapchat has come up with a very important feature on its platform. With temporary location-sharing, you can ensure that you and your pals arrive home safely. Snapchat’s new temporary live location-sharing feature is quite different from the previously enabled feature through the integrated Snap Map. This feature is now being rolled out globally and Snapchat users can share their real-time position with family or friends.
Snapchat launched the Temporary Live Location feature on its platform allowing users to share their current location with pals. The new function, which is currently available to all Snapchat users worldwide and will be able to share their live location updates with pals for as long as 15 minutes and up to eight hours. The Temporary Live Location Sharing functionality will be available internationally on Android and iOS on Friday.
Snapchat’s Temporary Live Location function works similarly to how you may share your current location with your WhatsApp connections.
It is worth mentioning that that function is only available amongst friends individually. This implies that your current location will not be accessible to the whole platform’s community and will be only shared with those you chose from the app. In addition to this before you can share your live location, you and your buddy must first accept each other as Snapchat friends.
In order to avoid any privacy concerns that may arise as a result of real-time location sharing when a user accesses the live location function for the first time, Snapchat displays a pop-up window, therefore, reminding users that the live location is just for close friends and relatives.
How to Use Snapchat to Share a Live Location
- Open Snapchat and then head to the profile of a buddy with whom you wish to share your whereabouts.
- When you’ve viewed your friend’s profile, scroll down until you find the Share My Live Location option.
- Snapchat will now display a pop-up informing you about the functionality.
- You have the option of tapping Sounds Good! to proceed, and then choose the time duration.
- When you share your live location with a buddy, your Bitmoji will display a unique ‘LIVE’ icon. The symbol, however, will not be visible to other users of the app.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.