The Watch Party feature of the Amazon Prime Video allows you to watch your favourite movies and TV shows with your friends. You may add up to 100 friends without the requirement of any additional app or plugin. It must be noted that Watch Parties are supported on all web browsers except Apple’s Safari.
How can you start a watch party?
To start a Watch Party on Amazon Prime Video, follow these steps.
- Open a browser and go to the Prime Video website (https://www.primevideo.com/). You may also use the Prime Video desktop or mobile application.
- Log into the website or the app using your Amazon Prime account.
- Ask your friends to log into the Prime video.
- Search for a movie or a TV show that you wish to watch with your friends.
- Go to the main page of the movie or the TV show that you searched. Here you can find multiple options like Play, add to watchlist, and download.
- Click the Watch Party button located under the Add to watch list button.
- You will be redirected to Amazon’s website where you’ll be required to sign.
- Once you sign in to the website, you may create a username for yourself to chat. You may go through the Watch Party to get the maximum out of the feature.
- Click the Create Watch Party button. Your movie or the TV show will begin.
- Now you may invite up to 100 friends to the watch party. You just need to share the link provided on the right part of the screen.
- In the Watch Party details section, you can see all the users that have joined you.
- The Chat button located on the top-right of the screen allows you and your friends to communicate among yourselves. To send a message in the middle of the movie or a TV show, just type your message in the field given at the bottom and click SEND.
What is the significance of the Watch Party during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic?
The Watch Party feature of the Amazon Prime Video is essentially useful during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. To contain the infection, cinema halls are either shut down or are operating with limited staff and audience. The Watch Part ensures that the thrill of watching movies or TV shows with friends is not compromised. Now, you can watch along with your friends and chat without coming in contact with anyone.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.