Technology giant Google has today rolled out the Android Q Beta 4 update. The company had officially unveiled the new operating system at its I/O conference last month and said that its stable build will be made available in fall this year.
We should mention that the Android Q Beta 4 is said to be more polished as compared to the other Beta updates of the operating system that were rolled out by the company earlier.
Android Q Beta 4 update comes with a number of changes too. For instance, it has the latest Android Q system images for Pixel and Android Emulator.
Table of Contents
Here’s a look at everything that is new in the Android Q Beta 4 update:
- With the latest update, Google has asked the developers to test apps for compatibility with Android Q. In order to conduct tests, developers can install their app from the Google Play Store to Android Q Beta smartphone or even an emulator.
- The company has said, “As you work through the flows, your app should run and look great and handle all of the Android Q behavior changes properly.
- Watch for impacts from privacy changes, gestural navigation, changes to dynamic linker paths for Bionic libraries, and others.”
- New privacy features including location permissions and restrictions on background activity have been added. Furthermore, some changes to data and identifiers have also been introduced.
- Other features will give more control to users. These include location permission for wireless scans and permission for fullscreen intents.
- Google has also added gestural navigation.
- Dark Theme has been enhanced in this beta build of Android. Other than this, suggested replies and actions in notifications, and sharing shortcuts have also been added.
- The cameras on the device will get a dynamic depth format. They will also get support for AV1 for video streaming and HDR10+ for high dynamic range video.
- AndroidX library will now come with backward-compatible BiometricPrompt API.
- Audio playback capture will now let users add captions or record gameplays.
Android Q Beta 4: How to install?
If you have a Pixel smartphone, you can enroll here to get the Android Q Beta 4 update.
In case you are already enrolled and have the Android Q beta 3 update, you will get notified about the new update. The stable release will be rolled out in fall this year. h
Which smartphones are compatible with Android Q Beta 4 update?
The Android Q Beta 4 update can be downloaded on Xiaomi Mi 9, Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G, Asus ZenFone 5z, Essential Phone, Nokia 8.1, Sony Xperia XZ3, Redmi K20 Pro, Tecno Spark 3 Pro, Vivo X27, Vivo NEX S, Vivo NEX A, Huawei Mate 20 Pro, LG G8 ThinQ, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 6T, OPPO Reno and Realme 3 Pro.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget, videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.