The Apple Event 2021 announced the new Color Balance feature for Apple TV. This feature will enable the users to optimise their Apple TV’s colour settings using their iPhone.
According to Bob Borchers, Apple’s vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing, “Apple TV 4K is in a category of its own, leveraging a deep integration of Apple hardware, software, and services that delivers a massive upgrade to any TV for the very best cinematic experience. With the A12 Bionic and the all-new Siri Remote, Apple TV 4K lets customers add their favourite shows, movies, and more in the highest quality, with simple and intuitive controls. And of course, Apple TV 4K offers easy access to Apple services, along with thousands of apps on the App Store for even more entertainment options.”
What is Apple TVs new Colour Balance Technology?
The Colour Balance Technology enables the Apple TV to enhance the colour quality. Apple TV uses the advanced sensors of the iPhone X or later models to compare the colour balance to the industry-standard settings. The feature works automatically without requiring the user to manually tune the colour balance. The Colour Balance feature will be available on iOS 14.5.
What are the pre-requisites to use Apple TVs new Color Balance feature?
The requirements for using the Apple TVs new Color Balance capability are as follows.
- If you own an Apple TV HD, you will need to integrate it with tvOS 14.5.
- If you choose to buy the latest Apple TV 4K that was announced in the Apple Event 2021, you will need to update the tvOS to the 14.5 version.
- You will require an iPhone X or a later model. Older iPhone versions don’t have a TrueDepth sensor to detect colour on the Apple TV screen. Previous versions also lack the FaceID feature.
- If you already own an iPhone X or later model, you need to upgrade it to iOS 14.5 or later versions.
How can you use Apple TVs new Color Balance feature?
To use Apple TV’s new Colour Balance feature, follow these steps.
- Unlock your iPhone and keep it nearby
- Launch the Settings app on your Apple TV
- Select the Video and Audio menu
- Choose the Color Balance option
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Place your iPhone at the centre of your TV’s screen. Apple TV will begin the colour balancing process, you will be able to see various colours detected by the TrueDepth sensor of your iPhone.
The Apple tvOS will process the colour data to achieve the optimum colour settings. Once the process is complete, you can compare the new setting with the previous visual output.
Which models of Apple TV will support Colour Balance feature?
The Colour Balance feature was announced along with the revelations of the new Apple TV 4K. However, the feature is expected to be compatible with previous models of Apple TV as well. These models include The Apple TV 4K and the Apple TV HD. The new Apple TV 4K will come equipped with the A12 Bionic chipset for fast graphic processing and rendering. Moreover, the Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos and high frame rate HDR support will truly make the viewing experience immersive.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.