Google will soon release an update for the Android version of Stadia. This update will not only add new capabilities for gamers but also elevate their gaming experience. The gamers will now be able to play touchscreen-enabled video games with a faster game response.
What new features will Google Stadia get?
This new update of the Google Stadia app will offer flexibility to utilise contact display controls during the gameplay. Google Stadia is expected to get the following new features.
- Support on Android TV: This is considered a significant feature of the new update. Now we can expect the Google Stadia application so that users can play games on their Android TV. They might also get a feature to maintain multiple profiles provided by Chromecast. However, the challenge lies in providing the facility to browse games on the Stadia Store and purchase them.
- Touchscreen support: Google Stadia for Android will soon get the touchscreen controls. This will enhance gaming performance. The players will still have the independence to choose the current modes of playing i.e. keyboard-mouse and standard controllers.
- Capture Player new feature: Google Stadia’s Capture Player will now offer a new ability. You will have the flexibility to make a character jump back and forth during a video. This feature will be in addition to the existing controls like play, share, pause, and delete.
- Player Notes Feature: The new Player Notes feature will enable users to keep a track of the game by making notes of who is playing with whom. This feature will enhance the gameplay decision while multiplayer gaming.
- Party Chat Feature: Currently, you can get this feature on the iOS version of Google Stadia. However, it will soon be released on Android. The Party Chat feature will enable you to invite other users to a voice chat during gameplay.
According to reports, the app will also offer graphical illustrations to show how the above features will work. The videos will serve as a guide for experienced players. This will also enable novice players to quickly get used to the new features.
What is the significance of the Google Stadia update?
The update of the Android version of Google Stadia will bring new features to a major community of gamers. As of now, there are only a few games that offer touchscreen control. The reason might be the lack of demand as Android users have been using standard gaming controllers.
Stadia is also expected to bring support for the Android TV application. So, we might see Stadia on Android TV soon. Stadia might additionally include support for the Android TV app. The update includes a reference to putting in Stadia on Android TV. Owing to the latest Alpha update, we can now run Google Stadia on the Xbox One and the latest Xbox Series X/S.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.