Google has announced that the Q&A on Google feature of Google Search will cease to exist on April 30, 2021. As a result, the questions and answers posted by the users will not be visible on any search page. Moreover, the contributions made by Google users in the Q&A on Google section will be permanently deleted on June 30.
What is the significance of the Q&A on Google?
The Q&A on Google provides a supplementary medium to share knowledge. The Google Search engine is highly optimised to present apt results to the queries searched by the users. To moderate a query, Google lists the most relevant websites as well as those pertaining to the questions asked by the Google community.
The questions posed by the users help the Google engine identify the most sought queries. These queries appear as a list at the top of the search page with the relevant web pages addressing the query. The feature is essentially useful for recent topics like a new technology or a new international convention. The latest topics generally lack a sufficient number of web pages. The Q&A section provides a reliable means to discuss them.
How can you download the questions and answers?
Google has stated that the question and answers posted by users on the Google Search platform will be removed on June 30. Until then users can download the questions and answers using the Google Takeout service.
Google Takeout enables users to save the data linked to their Google account across all Google services like Chrome, Drive, Photos, and Hangouts. The Takeout service exports the entire data or selected option into an archive file that you can download and keep on your device.
To download your questions and answers using the Google Takeout service, follow these steps.
- Launch a web browser on your device.
- Go to the Google Takeout website (https://takeout.google.com/).
- Sign in using your Google Account.
- Click the Deselect all option given at the beginning of the list. It must be noted that you may keep all the options selected but for the sake of example, we’ll choose to save only the questions and answers.
- Scroll down until you see the Search Contributions option.
- Check the box given in front of the Search Contributions heading.
- Click Next Step located at the bottom of the page.
- Here you can choose the method you follow to save your data. You may choose another cloud storage service like OneDrive and Dropbox to transfer your data to. You may also choose to receive a link to download your data via email.
- Choose the Export once option and select the format of the archive file you want to download.
- Click Create export to begin exporting your Google data. The time to export your Google data will depend on its size.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.