The updates on Google Meet to blur background before a meeting or during a meeting have been finally rolled out. And now you can toggle it on or off easily to blur the image. It may be that messy day right before that meeting, or that unexpected meeting when you are not in a private space. The blurred background is designed to make your work more convenient and comfortable with the new feature. Find out how to toggle on the feature in the steps below.
Click on or off before a meeting:
The feature will help you work in many ways. The blurred background will limit the unwanted distraction and it will also make that background more focused with you just on the screen and all the other things out of focus. Before enabling the blur feature you should know that users who are not logged into Google accounts and have joined the video call can only change the background once. So it is better if you log in from your Google account and make use of the blur feature. Follow the steps for more
- Open the Google Meet and select a meeting
- And go to self-view on the bottom right corner: Person head icon
- Select the Change Background option
- Now choose from the two options: Slightly blur your background or Blur your background
- To completely blur your background select blur your background
- You can use a pre-uploaded background
- You can also remove the blur by going to the change background page and clicking on the cancel sign
On the blurred background during a meeting:
The bright side of the feature is you can make use of the blur feature even when you are on a video call. The steps are not very different from the above and it is easy and simple. Check the steps below to know how to change to the blurred background in Google Meet when it has started.
- During the video call meeting on the screen go to more on the bottom
- With the windows open up select Change background
- Now with the side panel option choose the two option: Slightly blur the background or blur your background
- You can also use pre-uploaded images or your own image in the background
- Click on blur your background to completely blur the background
Download an extension on Google Chrome:
You can also download the Background blur for the Google Meet extension on your browser. The extension will blur the background during a Google Meet or Hangout video call. The extension also allows you to control your desired level of blur. Download this free Chrome extension and blur your background during the meeting. Check the guide below to know how to download the extension and add it to Chrome.
- Open Google Chrome browser and click the three-dot icon on the top right corner
- Go to settings and on the side panel find the extension
- Now click on the three horizontal lines on the top right corner and scroll down to the bottom
- Select Open Chrome Web store
- And on the Search the Store tab: Type Background Blur for Google Meet
- Now on the left side with the blue icon Add to Chrome: Select it
- When you have added the extension now you turn on/off the blur option at the top of the screen with the click turn on/off button
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.