With remote work and education gaining popularity, Zoom has rolled out another feature. With the latest 5.5.0 update Zoom has introduced the blur background feature. So you can now blur everything in the background except you on the video call. The feature will encourage privacy and a distraction-free video calling experience. Follow the steps to know how to use the new feature
Enable blur background before the Zoom meeting:
First of all, to enable this blur background feature you need to make sure the Zoom client version is updated to 5.5.0. The new feature on Zoom video call will give you a new level of privacy without making you choose a virtual backdrop that needs to be downloaded. Now with the new option, you do not have to show your private space or your room; the blurred background will take care of it. Check the steps below to blur the background before your Zoom meeting.
- The first step, open the Zoom client on your device
- Go to the setting icon on the top right corner and click the icon
- And on the side panel that comes out find Background & Filters
- Select the Virtual background option and Click the pointer on Blur
- Now enable the blur feature so when the meeting starts except yourself everything goes out of focus
Enable blur background during a meeting:
ZooRanging from messy rooms to unable to find proper privacy maintaining space for a meeting the new feature from Zoom Client video will cover it all. Before the feature was rolled out the background had to be dealt with the virtual background, which does not work well without proper lighting. Follow the below steps and find out how to enable blur background during a Zoom meeting.
- Navigate to the stop icon on the button left corner and click on the up arrow on it
- Now select the Choose Virtual Background option
- The sidebar will open and go to Background & Filter’s
- Now you can Tap on Blur and make the effect appear on your screen
- The feature will be applied and focus will go out on the background except you
There are a lot of other handy features that you can enable on Zoom 5.5.0 like the camera can be made to rotate 90 degrees. You can also share and play video files directly in the meeting and you can also share both content and computer sounds.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.