PDF files have been used for documentation widely. If you are using PDF files daily you should learn how to edit and compress them. The Portable Document Format or better known as PDF in daily terms provides you the best format to store your valuable documents into. The storage of PDF files can be compressed to free up disk space. This is how you can compress PDF files for free.
Compress the PDF using Adobe Acrobat: Website
Adobe Acrobat can optimise your PDF file size to the file size you require. The process to compress a file in Acrobat online is fairly simple. You have to copy or upload the file in the Adobe toll and it lets you reduce the size of the file without compromising its quality. The Adobe Acrobat online compression tool can let you compress files up to 500 MB. To check the size of the file after compression you can check it on Properties. Follow the steps to compress PDF files in Adobe Acrobat.
- Go to the online page
- Select the file you want to compress from your device
- Upload on Adobe Acrobat
- After loading you can download it to your device
Read more: How to convert a PDF file to Word on a PC or a smartphone?
Using Preview on Mac
This option is for Mac users. There might be a lot of restricted functions when you use a Mac. Downloading an application can be harder. But you can compress a PDF file using the Preview application and save storage. Preview is Apple’s native image viewer app that is automatically included in most versions of Mac OS. Follow to know how to compress a file in a Mac.
- Open Preview on your Mac: look like an overlapping snapshot in your application folder
- Click menu bar
- From the drop-down menu click menu
- And select a file on the dialog box and open
- Click file again on the menu and from the drop-down menu select export
- From the top of the page on the screen choose the option and enter as required
- Export as: according to you, format: choose PDF
- On the Quartz filter: select reduce the file size
- Choose a location to save the file using Where
- And Save the last step
Read also: WhatsApp’s new update: Large Media previews in chats enabled in WhatsApp
Compress PDF using EasePDF: Online
PDF files are to present documents in a manner independent of application, hardware, and operating system. A large size PDF file can take up a lot of storage on your device. PDF is now accepted widely for work or education for the documentation process. But a PDF is often needed to be compressed to a particular size. EasePDF lets you convert the PDF file is an easy step. EasePDF is an online PDF converter specialising in PDF conversion technology. The online PDF converter has more than 20 tools for its users. EasePDF is more than a converter you can merge, unlock, and protect your PDF also. These are the steps to follow:
- On your internet browser type easepdf.com
- Click on the Compress PDF option shown on the screen
- Now upload your PDF file on the page
- Select the Mode or it has its default selection by clicking recommended
- Press Compress PDF
- And save your file
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App