The Portable Document Format, commonly known as PDF is one of the most preferred file formats across different purposes and professions. This file format is compatible with almost all electronic devices. Being a highly secure format, it is used for circulating online content like e-books, research papers, applications, and press releases.
Although PDF has a plethora of benefits over other file formats, it has its drawbacks too. It is not easy to edit PDF files. You need to follow the following methods to edit a PDF file
Method 1: By converting the file into a Word file.
You can easily edit a PDF file by converting it into Word. Once you are satisfied with the amendments, you can save the Word file in PDF format.
To convert the PDF file into Word, follow these steps.
- Open the iLovePDF website (https://www.ilovepdf.com/) in a web browser. This website offers a plethora of tools to modify your PDF files.
- Hover over the ‘CONVERT PDF’ option in the menu bar located at the top.
- In the dropdown menu, select the ‘PDF to WORD’ option.
- Select the PDF file from your device’s storage that you want to convert into Word.
- Click the ‘Convert to PDF’ button located at the bottom right.
- The processing time may vary depending on the size of the PDF file. Bigger the PDF file, the more processing time it will take.
- The uploaded PDF file will be converted into a Word file and automatically downloaded. However, if the auto-download feature does not work, click the ‘Download WORD’ button to save the file.
Now make the desired changes in the file. Once you are done with the editing, go to File and click Save as. Type the file name and select the format as PDF.
Method 2: Using the Adobe DC Software
Adobe DC is a useful software to edit your PDF files. However, to use editing tools on Adobe DC, you need to upgrade your free software to a paid one. The free version only offers you basic features like viewing and highlighting.
The price list of the subscription plans is as follows.
- Acrobat Standard DC: ₹ 1,037 per month
- Acrobat Pro DC: ₹ 1,196 per month
To edit a PDF file using the Adobe DC software, follow these steps.
- Open your PDF file in Acrobat DC.
- In the right menu, click the Edit PDF option
- Use the editing tools as per your choice.
- Using the Format list, you may add new text or modify the fonts update fonts.
- Using the Objects list, you may resize or replace images.
- You may also add annotations and a watermark.
- Once you have made appropriate changes in the file, press the Ctrl+S key combination to save your PDF file.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.