There are many reasons to factory reset an iPhone. Buying a new iPhone and throwing away our old iPhone can be the first reason. So before you sell your old iPhone or give it away to someone, the first thing you should do is completely factory reset your iPhone. But make sure you have backed up all your data somewhere. Here is how you can factory reset your iPhone.
Backup your iPhone:
Creating a backup of all your data is helpful in many ways. For instance, it stored your valuable files and images, and second, you can access the same data on your new iPhone. You can back up all your data including contacts, images, and messages to your Mac. check the steps below.
- Connect your device to your Mac.
- Go to Location>Click on your device.
- Allow Trust>Back up.
- You can also backup to your iCloud as well.
- And make sure you sign out from all apps.
- And remove all saved passwords>Log out Apple ID
- Factory reset.
Factory reset your iPhone:
Another reason to factory reset an iPhone is to fix glitches and lag when the iPhone gets older. One thing to remember before you factory reset your iPhone is it rolls back to the basic default settings and you lose all your saved data, so follow the above steps first. Here are the steps below to reset your iPhone.
- Open the Setting with the gear icon.
- Go to general.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page>Tap Reset.
- From the page open up you will find many options for reset>Choose the Erase all Content and Settings.
- The iPhone will ask for your iPhone password which you have set>Erase iPhone.
- Now enter your Apple ID when prompted.
- The process will take a few minutes and the factory reset will be completed.
Restore your data backup to your new iPhone:
The data which you had backup to your Mac can now be restored when the factory reset process is completed, Or if you want to restore the backup of the iPhone you just factory reset to a new iPhone. Follow the guide below.
- Connect the fresh factory reset iPhone or your new iPhone to Mac.
- After the computer asks for a passcode enter the passcode>Trust.
- Select on your device.
- And from the open up page>Click restore backup.
- Carefully check the date of each backup>Choose the most relevant and recent since you recently backed up.
- Click Restore>Passcode.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.